SMAC Art Center Gallery
Exhibition Proposal Guidelines
Exhibit Proposal Guidelines
The Southern Missouri Arts Connection presents approximately 12 exhibitions throughout the year in our Art Center Gallery. The program presents a diverse range of creative approaches, mediums, and background in artists. The Southern Missouri Arts Connection began in 2014. It has been in its currently location on Downing Street in Hollister, MO historic district since July of 2020. Exhibitions at the SMAC Arts Center originate by the Gallery Committee or from exhibition proposals submitted by outside curators and artists. All proposals should aim to present exhibitions that are aesthetically strong, and that provide the community with the opportunity to explore topics of cultural, artistic, and social relevance.
The curator/artist proposing the exhibition is encouraged to view gallery specifications and see the space during gallery hours in order to tailor their proposal to the space.
Proposal submissions are accepted year round. All proposals must adhere to the guidelines.
· Résumé should be typed with 8.5″ x 11″ format in no less than 10-point font. PDF
· Group proposals should include all participants’ resumes.
Exhibit Proposal Details
Statement should include a suggested title of your exhibition. Include your name, identify yourself as featured artist or curator, specify solo or group exhibition, and, if the latter, include the names of the other artist(s).
· Describe the concept or theme of the exhibition.
· For artists only: describe your current work, as well as your proposed work, noting any significant new direction your work will take.
· Identify any special equipment or other requirements you may need that may become an impediment to presenting this proposed exhibition.
· Include details of any supplementary public programs or presentations. We encourage participants to also propose additional artist talks, panel discussions, or workshops geared toward engaging the general public. (if applicable)
· Indicate whether the accompanying images are images you are proposing for exhibition, or are representative images only.
· File Format: doc, docx, pdf, txt, rtf. Max Size 1MB.
· Attach 10 Images
· File Format: JPEG, Max Size 800 x 600 pixels, 512kb
If all guidelines are not met your proposal might be rejected. Please direct all inquiries to Mary Evelyn Tucker via firstname.lastname@example.org.